View Single Post
Registered

When I had rental property, I had a move in/ move out check list. I took pictures with the tenant moving in as we went through the move in list which we both signed. The list had a move in column next to a move out column next adjacent to the items plus a section for comments at the end. You shouldn't owe the landlord anything from the conditions you describe. Sounds like all normal wear & tear to me. Send him a letter saying you have done "some consulting" on the subject and determined he has no basis to his claims and therefore expect your deposit back. Tell him you'll be happy to let small claims court decide if you owe him anything or not. It's possible the court will award you additional expenses as long as they are directly related to the situation. There are stock forms for move in/move out tenants can use or modify for their own use when moving into a property in case the landlord doesn't use one.

Last edited by Evans, Marv; 05-14-2015 at 09:23 AM..
Old 05-14-2015, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)