View Single Post
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks for the input. I found that site previously, and that was my guide for the repainting timelines. I will send a letter and then can file small claims but I want the initial $4K check to clear (once it shows up). He literally sent me the email at 11pm on the 21st day after we moved out. And there are no receipts or estimates from contractors, just pictures of the issues and some text and a dollar figure. I do not believe that lives up to necessary documentation on his end.

One problem is that I don't have a lot of documentation on my end - a couple of iPhone pics on move out and that's it. I did hire a cleaning crew (for $280) and could get statements from them on damage or lack thereof. I worry that he'd countersue and then magically find even more damage. e.g. there was as leak in the roof and mold started to form on the ceiling - I did tell him about that though I didn't really notice it for some time and it was when he came to have an assessment done some months back as he was claiming he was looking to refi. He admits that the leak caused the mold but says that there is more painting to be done since we didn't report it in a timely fashion. We did report the peeling paint and rotting wood on the garage 3+ years ago and they did nothing (nor did they replace missing screens), so our history indicated that they had no interest in repairing anything. Those were reported by phone calls though and not in writing - which is my mistake.

In the end, not the end of the world but I agree that it is worth pursing one way or another.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)