View Single Post
Super Moderator

Garage
Interesting about the paint. Since I assume that most people hang pictures/art on the wall (we did), invariably there will be nail holes. We pulled all the nails and spackled the small holes - assuming that, "of course they'll paint before they rent/sell." If they didn't then the new tenant/owner would have walls with spackle.

Another data point. When we had a plumbing issue early on I called the landlord and they didn't have a plumber to suggest. Instead I had to find one, pay them, then take that off the next rent payment. Same thing with an electrical issue. We actually paid to put a 220V outlet in the garage, and again, had to source the electrician as they didn't have one to suggest. Plus they quit paying the gardener for the last two months we were there.

My pissed-off-edness is easing. I'll cash the check and once it clears go after the balance. Then we'll see what happens. And I'll document the crap out of the place we're in now (which does have a move-in/out checklist). I've never had an issue with a landlord before this - always have gotten the entire deposit back and no BS.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)