View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
more I think about it (not getting much work done today), even if the spacer or TO extension were out of spec length-wise, because the fork position is infinitely adjustable with the cable and levers, when you pull the cable 25mm, it will still pull the TO bearing away from the friction disc the correct amount, so neither of these specs should matter..
Been thinking on this ^ idea for moment. While I follow your reasoning, I disagree that the TO bearing to fork distance doesn't matter because you can adjust the cable and lever. I agree that you can adjust the cable and levers such that for a given amount of cable travel you will achieve the correct amount of release fork rotation. However the ends of the release fork are swinging an arc, so depending on the angle of interface between the release fork and TO bearing, you will get differing amounts of linear travel at the TO bearing/PP for the same degrees of rotation at the release fork.

I'm not a mathematician, so I can't express the formula for this, but I'm pretty sure it involves PI.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)