View Single Post

Well, I got my daughter to press the clutch pedal for me while I was filming under the car.

Here is what I got:

First, the cable, lever and spring action from outside the clutch. Measured cable throw was 28.0 mm. Looks fine to me. Anyone see anything odd?

Second is the TOB and pressure plate action. Again looks fine to me. The TOB goes almost all the way to the transmission case.

Third video, I adjusted the stop bolt on the long lever all the way in so that the clutch fork is already partially rotated and moving the TOB.

As you can see, there is considerable throw on the TOB and I would guess 8-10mm here. Now there is no way that 8-10mm is not enough to disengage the friction disc, is there? I am thinking either the PP is defective and the diaphragm doesn't actually pull the PP away as much as it should (this is doubtful, but possible), or the friction disc is somehow being held against the flywheel even though the PP is completely separated from the disc.

After the third video, I started the car and the reverse still grinds horribly as usual.
Does anyone have any other ideas, reasons why I am wrong or any other input?

I am pulling the motor, but just wanted as much info going in as possible so I can find the issue once it is apart.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)