View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted79 View Post
I would not give up yet on the clutch arm being off by a spline on the fork shaft. I checked my car and with the pedal all the way down it hits the stop and there is at least a 1/2" clearance between the pedal and the floor board. Tomorrow I'm going to get my car up on jack stands and crawl under it and look at the orientation of the clutch arm relative to the ribs on the diff casting and try to get a pic of it. It's hard for me to believe the clutch assembly is defective. The one time I had a problem with a new clutch it was very obvious. The first time I pushed the pedal in I felt something let go and when I let it out the truck bucked like a bronco. It turned out to be defective rivet installation on the PP. I think that is probably the case most of the time with a defective unit. It either works or it doesn't. Yours just appears to need more travel. If it was a burr on the input shaft you would have had a problem getting the trans to mate to the engine like Chris said.
Believe me, I am all ears and will be eternally grateful if you can help me figure it out. The last thing I want to do is pull the motor to fix this. Actually, that is the second to last thing I want to do. The very last thing I want to do is pull the motor only to find out it was an adjustment of some sort outside the motor.

I tried going one spline forward and back and neither was even close to working. I pushed my pedal stop all the way up and to the left a little and the pedal now actually hits the wood. Looking into the clutch assy as it is being released, I have very little, if any, play left in the TOB up against the transmission. Even if I got more play in the cable, lever, or pedal, I am out of room to move the TOB forward anymore.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)