View Single Post

Well, I made one final check to make sure everything was tightened up, got it off the jackstands and started it up and brought it out to the driveway. Let it warm up for a couple minutes and drove away. Didn't go far or fast, but I did a bunch of first gear starts and then complete stops, put it into neutral and then back into first and did it again a bunch of times. It didn't help... Grinding is still there.

So I resigned myself to pull the motor and started tonight. Got the IC off, electrical stuff disconnected and a few other things and will try to get it dropped tomorrow. I am not a happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief View Post
Just looked at this thread today and have been through this a couple years ago. Did all the above repairs first then removed the engine and found a new guide tube had been installed on the trans for the t/o bearing by the p/o. The allen bolts had lock washers under the heads.I changed them to the wavy washers and also removed some metal off the allen head to gain more clearance for the t/o bearing fork travel. Been fine now for past 2 years.

1979 930 GP White
Interesting. I will definitely check that out. I didn't touch those bolts, but who knows if they are tight or installed correctly. Thanks for the idea.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)