Thread: Vw 612 rs
View Single Post

Garage
Vw 612 rs

A VW 412 with Porsche 911 engine have been a dream for many years. The car was ready for 911 engine and transmission when I bought it. The plan was just to put in a engine and put everything together and drive. But this story wanted a another ending :-) I used some wheels from one of my fathers Porscheīs. Then I didīt have to do something with the fenders. I really wanted Ruf (8x17) wheels, but they are really hard to get. But some day I heard from a friend who has a 911 that one of his friend should sell a set of Ruf wheels. I hoped they where 4 pieces of 8x17. But no. It was 9 and 10x17. Okey, those wheels are going to fit the car

I needed to rebuild the fenders to fit those new wheels and I why not use bumpers/styling from the same car where the engine was chosen. The project slowly changed to the idea I eventually got.
A friend told me. The car should have been built as it could have been delivered from the factory so the idea of a concept car was born. If a rich guy wanted to have a Porsche estate, what should he do? Just contact Porsche and say. I want a Porsche estate. Just fix it no matter what it costs. Then the Porsche had to go to VW and get a estate body.
Then the car got to have a new name. VW 612 RS was born. Volkswagen type 6.
Thatīs why I just want to use parts from the only G-model (74-89) because itīs possible in 1974-74. And thatīs why the color choice. But as long as the project rises up, I want some retro ideas.
I have been looking at the Singer tuned 911īs. Why not have it like those. "Old" car with modern technique. Electrical windows, electrical seats, electrical mirror, central lock, air condition, xenon lamp, led lamps etc etc. But some of this modification I will do little later.

The engine: twinturbo 3.0 (3.2. 70,4x98) Pauter rods. 3.2 intake distributor
Autronic SM4 engine management system

Gearbox: 930 -88. Ruf 600HP clutch

More info here:
https://www.facebook.com/VwPorsche612Rs

Last edited by VW 612 RS; 07-07-2015 at 07:32 AM..
Old 05-31-2015, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)