View Single Post
JFairman JFairman is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,274
The thing in your picture that looks like three layers of steel sandwiched together is not a spring. They are the straps that hold and transmit rotational torque from the the friction plate in the pressure plate assembly to the basket or frame of the pressure plate.
The spring is round and under the friction disc and the fingers the throwout bearing engages with are part of it.

Not sure if I explained that clearly but if you took a pressure plate apart you would see what I mean.
The dry clutch in an old BMW R series motorcycle from the seventies is basically the same but it comes completely apart and makes it easy to see all these parts seperately.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)