View Single Post
Kool

Garage
Official 1982 "Great White" revival thread

Well, I couldn't resist, and jumped into another project. Many of you know that my original plans for #30 were to paint her white, and change the interior to cork. After meeting several of you for the first time at SITM 2012, I was convinced to go original with her. #30 is moving along at a snails pace. She is running like a top at the moment, and I am working on dash / electrical.

So I stumbled across this poor girl on Craigslist. Cool, I thought, a white 928, then I saw the pics....5 speed, cork interior...holy crap! That's what I want! Then I saw the price...woah....that's cheap, must be a wreck. Called the guy.....it's a runner...a poor runner, but a runner none the less. Worked out a deal, sent a deposit, then waited a week until I could go get her. Turned out it took 6 hours one way. Made it back in 5, not counting the nasty BBQ lunch stop. It was in NC, 25 minutes from Virginia Beach.

First pics are in the other thread, but will eventually land here. Here she is coming home....

http://youtu.be/70W5Fxwi2eE
1978 5sp (#30) project-Wreckscue
1979 5sp Euro basket case
1982 5sp resto project
(Yes, I now have 3 project Sharks)
Old 07-04-2015, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)