View Single Post

finally getting restarted on this project.

so I will repeat the title of this thread.

if you had it to do all over again?

over the past year I have been reading lots of threads on this forum. now I may have too many ideas and not enough $$$.

when I got the car I initially thought I'd repair the wiring and get it running. but then notice things like old fuel lines, etc., and came to the decision I was going to do a full refresh.

and if I am, will tear down the engine and tranny and rebuild anything needed. just dont want to put a lot of time and $$ into it only to find issues with the engine/tranny.

so I will have some time to finalize the reassembly plans and what I will do. one major consideration is the ignition. has twin plug but old electromotive ign, so plan to upgrade to something more modern. so far I am planning to retain the CIS. if I end up with 400+ hp I will be happy.

a couple of pics of the current state. been looking forward to this project for over a year. but my 951 DE build and some maintenance on my other Porsches kept getting in the way.

I look forward to idea, suggestions, warning, and advice from this distinguished crowd that will help ensure I end up with a great 930.

and some inspiration hanging on the wall in front of it.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)