View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
I ran across this on the web, thought it interesting and don't believe this car has been added nor discussed here... Apparently this car is reported to be the last "G" body Slantnose produced by the Special Whishes Dept which had by then evolved to be Porsche Exclusive.

“The last Flachbau” produced was this Porsche Exclusive 'slant-nose' cabriolet delivered to the owner in April 1990

"This 911 Turbo Cabriolet was equipped with a rain sensor. In case of rain, the open roof closed itself automatically and the owner got notified by a remote control. The opening mechanism of the cabriolet top (left & right sides) were modified in order to fit in the speakers of the 1000 Watt Custom Built Stereo system

" The Speedometer face and the faces of all of the other gauges are covered in leather and the numbers and words were hand silk screened. The Speedometer reads up to 220 mph and features an LED boost pressure display with a digital clock.

"Leather interior parts, a specialty of Porsche Exclusive, were almost everywhere. In total, more than 300 individual pieces were covered in leather. The car was furthermore ahead of its time with its six-speed manual transmission and a factory equipped limited slip differential."

"The car's tools were kept in hand-sewn leather wallets."

"The engineers at Porsche did everything possible for the Turbo engine with Motronic system - special camshafts, pistons, larger intercooler, different exhaust system, etc. The modifications resulted in an engine power of more than 460bhp (at low turbo boost). The turbo boost could be controlled by the driver with an adjustable boost control in the center console."

]
How would one verify if the car was indeed the "Last" one made? Or when it really occurred in the lineup? My curiousity is peaked because I remember my Dad (the former owner of my Slantnose) telling me that it was "the second to the last Slantnose made".

Dad knew obscure facts like that and was often right....then again, he could tell some pretty good whoppers too

Mine has successfully changed locations and is sitting with a slightly better class of companions.

Andrew
Old 07-12-2015, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1036 (permalink)