View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight View Post
How would one verify if the car was indeed the "Last" one made? Or when it really occurred in the lineup? My curiousity is peaked because I remember my Dad (the former owner of my Slantnose) telling me that it was "the second to the last Slantnose made".

Dad knew obscure facts like that and was often right....then again, he could tell some pretty good whoppers too

Mine has successfully changed locations and is sitting with a slightly better class of companions.

Andrew

Andrew,

Your car is definitely hanging out in good company at this point!

I think the easiest way to start would be with the serial number of the car (something that I don't have) and cross reference with factory build data, Certificate of Authenticity, and/or Kardex.

The car as noted was delivered in April 1990, clearly production of "G" model bodies was over by then. So one question would be; what's the production date?
- what is the production date of your car?

Also, there are some unique features about this car, such as the 6 speed trans and the 964 style gauges.
But then again, the car was built by Porsche Exclusive during a time when you could get pretty much whatever you were willing to pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935 View Post
Andrew, if you will pm me and give me some information on your car I can probably verify. I have many factory 930S slantnose cars in my database.
kycarguy 935. will this database of yours be shared with the forum at some point?

Thx
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 07-12-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Old 07-12-2015, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1038 (permalink)