Thread: 930potd
View Single Post
Banned

And with the DIY and a/c subject in mind - my pic of the day. I just finished installing this 10" (there you go, Paul) fan on the tail condenser. I was in the middle of wiring it when I snapped this pic to send to someone. The fan is powered from the same, 15 amp, fused relay that I use for the fender condenser's fan, the power supply comes from the starter solenoid lug (Jim Fairman's excellent idea) and triggered by the compressor clutch. I did this to try to help speed cabin cooling at startup and to help cooling during low RPM driving in high ambient temps (mid-upper 90s). And of course, because I seem to love tinkering with a/c systems.

Pay particular homage to the service cover - have had it for about three years, use it regularly, and think it's worth its weight in gold (especially like the tool/parts pockets along the back)

Also, bow before the Snap-on ratcheting screwdriver with a 1/4" socket drive in it, also visible in the pic. Getcha suuuummmmmmm!!!!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 07-17-2015 at 09:21 PM..
Old 07-17-2015, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1217 (permalink)