View Single Post

gsxrken,
thanks for the encouragement.

initially I had started to just sort out and repair the burned wiring. but then encountered cracked fuel lines, and when checking both fuel pumps were not correct.

and yes, the blue/yellow and red you cannot see will disappear. on my other cars I have done some limited and think tasteful engine part painting. but this is pretty hideous. once I blast off the ugly, plan to just keep this engine unpainted. let the clean alum show.

at first I was not sure, but have decided to build this for DE/track and street since it is a clone. so no worries about 'value'. value to me is the fun of DRIVING THE WHEELS OFF OF IT. so no scrimping on the mechanicals. also heavily leaning toward doing a G50 conversion. since this only saw street driving, the 915 has survived so far. but wont for long on the track.

the one compromise in my total plan is to rebuild the engine and upgrade the tranny, and do the body/paint work. and get it running.

then will attack a full suspension upgrade as phase II.

yea, the more I think and plan, the more $$$$ it will cost. but then, I hope to fully build this bad boy for less than the cost of a new cayman.

so need to get more serious about selling my 928S and motorcycle. then as this comes together, I can sell the 951.

or maybe I won the lottery yesterday, need to check.

started working on dropping the engine/tranny last weekend, but now also need to replace the lower ball joints and bushings on the 951 before the next DE.

so I should start having something interesting to post soon.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)