View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo owner View Post
Not pretty, cases and crank, cylinders, rods and cam towers headed to AZ for inspection and a good cleaning. Little specs that looked like aluminum imbedded in the bearings and signs of over heating on the mains.

Nothing spun, but an inspection is in order and it has to go anyway for the head stud.

I have my fingers crossed.
Well, it's been about a month. I heard back from the folks at Ollie's. Nothing was destroyed but I'm still going to have a pretty good size machine shop bill.

In the meantime, I've been working on the body.

All of this stuff came off the car and now I've started putting it all back together. I had to buy a bunch of body parts to get it done. New front flares, new rear flares, new rocker panel trim, as well as a bunch of miscellaneous small stuff.

The original fenders had no rust so I decided to put tops back on the fenders. I was going to build new 930 fenders utilizing new fenders and new flares but I was disappointed in the quality of the new flares, so they are going back.

I'll be starting on this one next. So far I am pleased with the way things are working out. I'll be measuring three times and cutting once. Hopefully I won't screw it up because good driver's side fenders are hard to find.

I cut the patch panel for the vent in the rear quarter panel on the driver's side. The passenger side flare was back ordered. I will do the same when it arrives. Then it will be time to start tacking and final fitting before all of the welding begins. I've got my fingers crossed that everything will turn out just fine. So far I think it will.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)