View Single Post

Garage
I purchased a full kit from Mike at Dkubus for my custom turbo 911 SC.
The install was very straight forward and look me about half a day all in.
The kit was complete, all I needed was a second O2 thread welded into my exhaust manifold and a boss to allow me to install the air temp sensor in a silicone hose after the intercooler.

Mike asked me for a dyno print out of the car (luckily I had one, although it was pre turbo install) itd not essential to have one but helps. I gave him the Porsche warm up tables for both 911 SC and 930 so he could gauge that for my car.

Once installed the car started perfectly first time and ran with pretty good off boost AFR's.
I am tuning it with Mikes help now. As its the first 911 install we are having to tweak some settings to get things just right but that means his next setup for 911 will most likely be even better from the outset.

I'm sure if you can give Mike as much info as possible he will be able to setup a MAP that will work and just need a bit of fine tuning.
He did a great job with mine even though its a bit of an odd ball spec engine.

I am totally new to TunerStudio tuning but learning as I go, Mikes a great help and answers any questions I have.
It was a bit daunting at first but I'm gradually getting the hang of it.

This helped me understand some of the basics, you do pick it up as you go along (there are 10 videos in total) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIfhKq6Stc&spfreload=10
1980 SC Flatnose, Euro 3.0, LW Flywheel, 993 Cams, Port & Polish Heads, RS Cut Valves, MSD 6AL, Blaster Coil, Magnacor Leads, Boxster Brakes, WEVO Mounts, TRG Roll Bars, Rollcage, RSR rear fenders, OE Short Sift, K27 7200 Turbo Conversion, OBX Headers, Tial Wastegate, EFI MicroSquirt v3

Last edited by gavinc69; 08-08-2015 at 05:07 AM..
Old 08-08-2015, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #421 (permalink)