View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
Good Morning from Ireland, just to clarify a little error in Peter Morgan's letter explaining the porsche plaque on the glove box of the first slantnose. The plaque reads G.S.A. - 0/13/31. The G is for Gerhard. The S is for Siegfried his middle name and not Sonderwunch. The A is for Amann his surname. Mr Amann's other passion in life was Roulette and the 0-13-31 were his lucky numbers. This information was given to me by Mr Amann's widow when I was researching the cars provenence after I had bought it. Hope the new owner is enjoying it as much as I did. I still believe the original 935 spoiler should have left in situ. Mrs Amann told me that her husband was very good friends with the head honchos at Porsche and had requested his car to look like the Le Mans 935.
Best Regards
Sorry to bring back a post from all the way in the beginning of this thread....but I figured it would be great to post an update on this very special car

Your old car is still in good hands, after exchanging a few hands across the US she now resides in Brentwood, TN. She continues to be driven on nice Tennessee backroads and enjoyed by many at local car events. I always love working on this car when it comes in the shop, a nice piece of Porsche history.

I'll post up some more pictures tonight!
Old 08-20-2015, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1045 (permalink)