View Single Post
Registered

Garage
OBX Headers Showed up.

I received the OBX headers sooner than I expected. Only 2 days. (I was expecting a week)

The package they came in was impressive as they did a great job of using "form foam" to squeeze everything in the box.

I'll post a few pics of the welds. I have a camera snake that I sent down to see if there was any obvious slag showing, and didn't find any. I'll still run a chain down everything and shake stuff up just in case.

This looked like the worst of the welding skill. Although I'm not a welder myself and really know nothing about good and bad... this looks a bit sloppy to me.... Otherwise, the welds looked ok for the price of the headers. The difference between $500 and $2500 headers. You get what you pay for....

The only thing I'm concerned about is the trueness of the flanges. I ran a straightedge (ok, it was my metal ruler at my desk) and one of the flanges seems about 1mm or 2mm off. Maybe a gasket width or so difference. Otherwise, the headers look ok. I don't expect them to last forever. I just want to get the project up and running within a decent budget and I'll upgrade in the future as I go along. Besides, I'm not even sure how long the fun will last by adding boost to a 180,000 mile motor.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)