View Single Post
That Guy

Garage
I installed two months ago on my '88 and i agree with most of the things said. I think this is a very nice part and i would still recommend it to others with due warning that installation is definitely not one hour.

My install took probably about 3-3.5 hours aswell and I consider myself very mechanically / electrically inclined. I also experienced difficulty getting the ferrules the wires are crimped into some of the terminal blocks; the terminal blocks aren't large enough to accept all the wires the same way everything is routed from the factory. After reviewing the wire diagrams i moved the positions of a few wires around on the terminal blocks to facilitate proper fitment just as Matthew did; this does not alter anything because of how the fused circuits are normally linked together anyhow.

The instructions were also not entirely clear about the extra wires left over with no terminal blocks; in particular on fuse block 1 and it left me second guessing myself. Basically these extra wires are sort of redundant due to the internal links so you place them all on one terminal block instead of spread out across 2 or 3 positions. After reviewing install pictures / comments on ImpactBumpers about the development of this fuse panel i figured out my answer.

I also had no trouble fitting the fuse panel cover, no modification required.

Having purchased both the cheaper alternative and this one i would still go with the one from ClassicRetrofit. Personally i was not too crazy about cutting and crimping a ton of spade connectors.
Past worth mentioning - 1987 924S, 1987 944, 1988 944T with 5.7L LS1
Old 09-24-2015, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)