View Single Post
Registered

Hi Everybody,

I just spotted this review of our fuse panel. We take on board the comments and feed them into the design.

The screw terminals that we use are sourced in the US. They are the only screw terminals on the planet that are anything like the Porsche ones, plus they are robust enough and PCB solder flow compatible. They are specially plated aluminium so that they can be soldered. The holes are D shaped instead of round but are almost the same size. It is true to say that the ferules on the really fat wires need a bit of reshaping but they do work.

There are getting near to 100 installs done now across all model years 1974 to 1989. We find that folks with the later cars (after 1986) seem to have more trouble with the installation. It seems that the wires are thicker, stiffer and a bit shorter on these cars. Also they generally have more equipment, so more wires.

On our website, you can see me installing mine on my SC in real time. I lost a bit of the video but it genuinely took me 45 mins. That was my first attempt too. On the later cars, there are a few more wires and most folks take between 1 and 2 hours.

Regarding the 'inbetween' terminals, these only appeared around 1986, the majority of cars don't have them. We took the decision to leave them out as there is enough room to adopt the adjacent terminal. I should add this to the instructions to avoid confusion.

Regarding the lid, some fit straight on, some just need a small notch taken out with some sharp side cutters.

Thanks for supporting the product. We do care about the feedback. We have just updated the design to incorporate a high power headlamp feed based as this kept being requested. See updated instructions on our website for details.

I will also post the details of the new version on the other thread.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)