View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

You know it is getting close when you start focusing on whack-ass details and BS.

First, what's not whack-ass is getting the big IC to fit right under the decklid. We took a stock IC up-pipe, cut it up and have mocked up a new up-pipe that will be welded in a configuration that will work. I'll get some pics on this ASAP, but it seems the intercooler conundrum is almost resolved!

Back to the whack-ass BS and there's nothing more whack-ass than electrical gremlins. These gremlins are so whack, I had to call in the services of a local auto electrical genius. So far, he's resolved the following previous non-op issues:
  • The driver side window goes up and down
  • The headlights work
  • The turn signals work
  • Four way flashers work
  • Front and rear wipers work
  • Dome lights work
  • Brake lights work
  • Cig lighter works
  • Electric mirrors work
Is there anything that actually worked on this car when I bought it??? Some other nice surprises that will wait until I disassemble for paint:
  • Wiring harness for fog lights is completely missing
  • Headlight washer harness is missing, fluid lines are missing and the pump is dead
  • Windshield washer fluid needs lines and a new pump

Other stuff that was more mundane, but is now done:
  • Battery replaced
  • Crankcase breather hose installed
  • Oil sender was replaced
  • Starter and engine solenoid replaced...who knew that the starter has a solenoid that kicks off cold/warm start fuelling???
  • Turbo oil line replaced

So with a fully rebuilt engine and transmission, fully sorted electrical system and other mechanicals, this will officially be the ugliest, most mechanically sound 930 on the planet.

ETA for completion is now EOD Monday. Fingers crossed.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)