View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

My car is running, but there are teething issues. The Electromotive Tec3r is proving to be less pleasing than I'd hoped - getting it to interface with Bosch knock sensors is proving to be a total PIA. Once I've worked through this issue with Electromotive's engineering team, I'll drop the bomb and ask them if they'll work with me to build out the functionality for FrankenCIS for their Wintec software and the Tec3r.

The bugaboo: they are preparing a new ECU called the TecEvo, which will run Wintec 5, which likely won't be back compatible to older units. I am getting the distinct impression that their engineering efforts are focused on Wintec 5 and the Evo, which may mean FrankenCIS for newer units only, if at all.

That said, I have been looking at their built GPO input/output system, which can custom drive duty cycle from a numbers of input tables. This might work, too.

If all else fails, I can always buy a MicroSquirt and use it as the fuel brain, right?

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930

Last edited by kenikh; 10-24-2015 at 06:08 PM..
Old 10-24-2015, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #437 (permalink)