View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Thank you, I figured with this car I am going to see every issue that you would come across when purchasing a neglected 930 and a few that you can't imagine! Recording them here hopefully will help others deal with their aging cars or see what they may be getting into when buying a neglected one.
We are coming out the other side of restoration now with the drive train and looking at modifications. When the engine is out and apart we will clean and restore it to as-new standards. The engine will transform from the ratty oily mess it was to show quality. The plan is to keep the engine looking stock from above with the only hint of mods being a larger intercooler.
I still need to restore the interior and paint as it has not been touched, only cleaned up. Probably next summer I will have the car buffed out which should remove 20 years of grime. Then move to the interior and have the seats reupholstered and new carpet put in. At that point this will be a really nice car. There has been some pressure to restore the body back to stock (it is a Dealer conversion from new using factory fenders, rockers, and brake ducts) but I will not do that. This car isn't about investment value it's about enthusiasm for the hotrod 930. It may be my last shot at the 930 of my vision and I'm going for it!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #595 (permalink)