View Single Post

On another thread, here is the debate:To "Glue" or-not-to "Glue!

and here is my advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
At this point I have concluded that as Timmy2 suggests, using 3m glazing compound or similar product to act as a flexible, thin, non hardening membrane between the seal and the glass, or the seal and the body is the ounce of prevention that these cars need if they are regularly used and exposed to the elements. I see no down side. It can be cleaned up more easily than urethane sealant, using just mineral spirits, and will adjust with the shrinkage and expansion of the seal with weather or over time.

I see no reason not to use it on the front windshield as well (unless you want to use a more permanent glue to stop movement).
If done properly, you shouldn't have to use any sealant, but I like this stuff just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
This how-to article was just posted by 3litre on another thread here.

They use the same non hardening 3M glazing compound

I am adding it here for future reference

Window Glass Install - Modified Mustangs & Fords Magazine
Lets keep this thread for evidence of why to check or replace seals, and use this other thread to debate if they should also include sealant or not here : is the debate:To "Glue" or-not-to "Glue!

Last edited by wayner; 10-30-2015 at 11:53 AM..
Old 10-30-2015, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)