View Single Post
Registered

1974 -1983 911 radio faceplates

As of today (Sunday 1/10/16) we have interest in 59 units. I need 41 more to pull the trigger on making these. Please get the word out to anyone you know who might need these.

As a further incentive to stimulate demand I am willing to offer volume discounts as follows:

5 pieces at $39 each + $15 shipping USPS Medium Box, insured
10 pieces at $34 each + $18 shipping USPS Medium Box, insured
25 pieces at $29 each + $30 shipping USPS Large Box, insured

If there is enough demand I will lower the above prices accordingly.

I also will not compete for 6 months so that anyone who wants to try to get a few free out of the deal can do so.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Updated information:
Several posts have indicated desire for 1 or more depending on price.
I want to know that I can recoup half of my cost of doing this. Tooling cost is $9,000 (just tooling).
The best price I have found for these is in Germany. He wants 50 Euro, that's about $55 US + shipping. He doesn't want to ship to the US, but I have been told that they can be had for $85 shipped. His are not completely accurate reproductions. Mine will be.
I want to make these available for $50 + USPS Small Box shipping of $5.95 or less.
If I can sell 100 at the $50 + shipping, I will proceed.
If I can get pre-orders for 200 I will make them available at $40 + shipping.
I just don't want to get stuck with these and am trying to make them available at a decent price.
As of this writing (Monday 11/16/15 at 10:50am PST I have expressed interest in 9+. I started this post last night, so we're doing pretty good so far.

__________________________________________________ _________

I am contemplating having tooling made for producing the very scarce 911 radio faceplate for 1974 - 1983 911's. It's an expensive contemplation and I want feedback as to demand for these before I commit to a 5 digit expenditure.

Price will be dependent on demand, so the more interest I see, the lower the price can be.

If a ground swell can be generated I will move forward.

Let me know either by posting to this thread or by email ( res0ca5d@charter.net )

If this post is in violation of the rules, I apologize in advance, let me know and I will have it deleted.

Last edited by ScottTurnbull; 01-10-2016 at 11:00 AM..
Old 11-15-2015, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)