View Single Post

So, I've punted for now while i consider using the milk carton condom approach, the black piece in the backside trick with some drilling or quite possibly the 'hooker' method where there is lots of slack in the hole.

We were also considering shimming with wood

The gap in our case is not inconsequential. It's a full half inch when the P201 rests inside the mount without the black adapter that came with the engine stand. It seems like quite an angle if I don't at least shim.

Today we broke my friends hydraulic lift in an attempt to lift the motor onto the stand. At this point we moved the motor from its pallet to the legs of the engine stand with a moving blanket to aid in sliding the motor and a 2x4 to provide some extra support. Other than the fact that I cannot rotate and get to the bottom of the motor it works quite well for mobility.

The motor with all the dressings and exhaust attached is one heavy mother. She don't move easily. I'm thinking about getting a hole drilled into the black sleeve to match the P201. I would need a matching hole in the engine stand cylinder.

Or, I will shim the existing hole if I can't find anyone to drill the holes for me.

I'm going to rent a proper engine hoist cherry picker type to aid in getting the motor on the stand. I may just disassemble a large portion of the motor to lighten the load and then see if I can get some help to muscle it into place. This will depend on if I get things drilled out or if I shim. If shimming it will be better to have the hoist to hold the motor in place while the shims are installed.

Last edited by bleachii; 11-28-2015 at 10:06 PM..
Old 11-28-2015, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)