View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarceller View Post
Joe,

You need to get a WideBandO2 installed, do that ASAP. You can not tell mixture any other way. You may be able to tell if it's rich via smell but you have no idea how lean you are. To really evaluate your results you need to have the gauge in the cockpit so you can observe cruise condition as well as tip-in and WOT.

Not a bad idea, however, I'm not too concerned about over lean since I have been running that way for decades with little if any adverse consequences, other than my engine temperatures running much cooler than normal and much improved gas mileage. To understand why this works and where I'm coming from, you can Google "lean of peak EGT". The GM multecs I used for many years were flowing closer to 14-16#, far less than the 22# that our stock...158 injectors put out. So lean were these GM injectors that my engine would not start when warm, only after installing an additional enrichment relay. I've also had some experience running overrich resulting in abnormally high engine temps and even experienced an orange glowing cat in burnout mode. I'm quite certain a WideBand O2 would only tell me what I already know which is where I want to be.

I suppose everyone on the Jeep forums where I found a treasure trove of information, would also benefit from a Wideband but no mention of that and yet they seem to be having some impressive results.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236
This is where I found out about the Taurus/Sable ...155 715 injectors and was surprised that you were testing them too.

Cheers,
Joe

Last edited by stlrj; 12-03-2015 at 01:34 PM..
Old 12-03-2015, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #299 (permalink)