View Single Post

BBS wheels

Hello nippy

Good story and really inspiring reading,

I really like the BBS wheels on your Black SC, is it possibly that you would share the wheel size and tyre setup with me?
Is it the same wheels you have on your current car?

BR

Søren

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippy View Post
So back at it now with a beer. yes I am guilty of TUI, typing under the influence, LOL! So along my travel to work I pass a Indi Porsche mechanic who has a black SC out front for sale. I stop in and talk and take a spin. Car was recently rebuilt and CIS stuff was all pulled in favor for some 46MM PMOs. Car had incredible torque and was in great condition with new tan leather. I haggled for about a month before pulling the trigger on my 4th air cooled 911.Back in the game!!!

My first SC was EFI via a motronic 3.2 system on my 3.0. great set up. Jason at Heritage Motorcars Research did the work and the car was really a nice piece. This SC car was my first carbed car. I must say I like the PMO set up.

I ended up selling it last year and it seemed like that was probably my last P car as prices even for the entry level SC cars were climbing out of my comfort zone. I sold that one again because of finances. Business has just been so unsteady for the past few years for me. I kind of buy the cars and use as a fun piggy bank and then need to cash out every now and again to get topped off again.

So I pick up a couple more cheap Mercedes toys to keep me busy as by this time I'm starting to wrench on my own cars due to finance. I had no other choice but to learn on the fly. It helps that I have a master mechanic/fabricator/partner at my shop to double check my work. So I found a 5 speed W124 aka 300E. 5 speeds are very rare in the USA. So I bought it and went all through the suspension and the car ended up real nice. BUT its a far cry from a 911. I constantly thought to myself when pondering the Porsche cars I used to have, "Boy I have really fallen along way down the pole" Im now riding around in a 4 door baby blue grand ma car. I used to own a 930 turbo The 930 cars by this time are fetching BIG $$$ and not even on my radar. I figured the good old days were just that, old days long past. Oh well then the Mercedes cars cheap and affordable and easy to work on were what it was going to be! I actually did enjoy rowing through the gears on the old blue girl. Her straight 6 wasn't all that bad. Unless I thought about a 911 flat 6 .

Old 12-21-2015, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)