View Single Post
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally posted by TerryBPP
I was reading the SSI clinic section and its seems like Tyson bent the line while it was on the car. Is this possible?
Since Tyson is likely on the road right now, and was the other guy in there bending away at the SSI clinic, I'll take that question.

Yes, it is possible.

Though, the car we did this on already had the early style exhast. . . meaning we didn't have to bend it far. (It was still a b!tch, BTW)

When I got my ssi's I built tooling to bend the line, built a bracket to support its new possition. . .and a week later the flexible section sprung a leak.

John Walker bailed me out with quick delivery of the back dated oil-lines, and *that* was a breeze.

So what I'm saying is, while it *can* be done, it is a huge waste of time. HUGE!

Buy the back dated lines. If you don't, you will spend a whole lot of time and effort bending those, only to end up with a very marginal result. Oh, and the lower right valve cover will likely be trapped by the "new possition" of the old line.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)