View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Adding my thoughts here...I installed this panel over the weekend in my SC, took me about 90 minutes start to finish. Fully 40% of the time was involved in trying to get the ferrules for the wires for just two terminals to fit into the holes on the terminals up top. I agree with all that has been said about making them a bit bigger; understanding that this may not be possible.

Everything worked on reconnection (except one wire that was too short to reconnect; I have yet to splice something onto it.) My lid fit right back on, no modification necessary. The nylon spacers were a bit of a pain to install, I used picks through the mounting holes, to which I snuck back behind and slid the spacers onto while removing/reinserting the picks through the spacers. Hand pressure at the screw location kept the spacer in place while I threaded the screws in.

The ease of use of this product makes it worth the extra cost IMO. I haven't tried the Fred Cook version but like others I did not want to do a bunch of crimping (and now, seeing how short some of the wires are, this turned out to be a smart decision.)
Old 01-11-2016, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)