View Single Post

944S Engine Built for Transplant into 944 NA

This engine was built to be transplanted into my 1987 944 NA. As I was finishing the engine (several years ago) my daughter got into go kart racing and that has been sucking up all my time and money ever since. I am asking $7,400 for the engine package. I am located in Fort Myers, Florida. I am happy to assist with shipping in any way that I can. I could also sell the 1987 944 n/a that I was planning to put this engine into if anyone is interested in that as well.

This engine has been completely rebuilt with painstaking attention to detail. Everything possible on this engine has been powder coated mirror red, high gloss black, and/or wrinkle black. It is absolutely beautiful. For anyone who is not aware, powder coating is highly resistant to oil, fuel, solvent, heat, etc. Unlike paint, it WILL hold up very well over time under your carís hood.

Here is a partial list of this engineís features:
  • 944S Pistons ceramic coated by Swain Tech (both crowns and skirts)
  • 944S Block - The cylinders were honed to accept the ceramic coated pistons and the cylinder walls were properly lapped to expose the silicon (this process is documented at length on these forums)
  • Lindsey Racing oversized piston rings Ė to fit in the enlarged cylinders.
  • Crankshaft, connecting rods, and pulley/damper were professionally balanced.
  • Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scraper
  • Ported cylinder head
  • Web Cam camshafts
  • MSDS exhaust headers ceramic coated by Jet Hot
  • Exhaust heat shield ceramic coated by Jet Hot
  • S2 Intake Manifold & rebuilt throttle body
  • Microsquirt (DIYPNP) engine management computer with sequential fuel injection module
  • 944 Turbo fuel injectors rebuilt by Witchunter Performance
  • Lindsey Racing billet fuel rail
  • FueLab adjustable fuel pressure regulator
  • AEM wideband oxygen sensor (& gauge)
  • AEM fuel pressure sensor (& gauge)
  • Phenolic intake manifold gasket
  • Resurfaced flywheel
  • The bottom of the cylinder head was milled and the valve seats were reground.
  • New OEM valve springs
  • New Meyle 034 hydraulic valve lifters
  • New valve guides & seals
  • New cam chain & tensioner pads
  • Genuine Porsche motor mounts
  • All bearings & seals replaced
  • and more...

I have excellent documentation from this engine build. I have all the receipts, detailed build sheets, updated wiring diagrams, etc. and I will be happy to provide copies of them to anyone who is seriously interested in buying it.

The engine wiring harness has been completely rebuilt and modified as necessary to plug directly into both the engine management computer and underhood wiring harness of an 85.5+ 944 (n/a). It could also plug directly into a 944S or S2 underhood harness by changing a couple pins around in the connector.

The only major components you will need to complete the install are a clutch, exhaust system, and intake piping. As far as I know, all other items are included (though Iím sure there will be a few minor items that come up). You will need to program and tune the engine management computer. This is actually pretty easy and there is tons of info available online. I will also provide any info and assistance I can to the buyer if questions come up during install.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Email is the best way (initially) to contact me. Cjpacitto@comcast.net I'd also be interested in people's thoughts on this engine and/or advertisement. Please feel free to post any comments you may have.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)