Thread: Stijn!!
View Single Post
The Stick

Garage
Between my direct family and my Aunts and Uncles and cousins about have everything covered.

One of Mom's sisters married a barnstorming Baptist preacher. He would fly around in his plane to stop in and give revivals. After they got married and had kids they settled down to pastoring a single church. For a while it was in Fairfax OK, then Sapulpa OK, then Wagoner OK. Remember when very very young he would take me and my Dad for a ride when we visited to show us property is was interested in.

They just lived comfortably in houses like ours but besides being a pastor he kept buying and renting houses. He completely re-investing everything that he made from the properties. He found that in those small towns if he rented the homes to section 8, welfare people, he was guaranteed rent and the state paid to fix the houses back up when the people moved out.

They had 3 kids. The oldest was a boy, and then two girls. The oldest became a stoner and went thru the military and learned electronics. It wasn't until they started the work drug testing that he stopped smoking and started doing the health food vitamin thing. His son became a complete drug addict and finally quit when he cleaned up and joined the Salvation Army. He ended up marrying a girl from the salvation army and are still there.

The oldest girl rebelled and kept running away. She married a 2nd cousin then divorced him because he didn't do anything but watch TV. She is now married to mechanic for American Airlines and she works at their Reservation center. They are bikers and travel a LOT on all there employee miles.

The youngest was fairly normal, but has been married several times. When their Dad passed the real estate business went to all three but the youngest took over the management. When Dad passed they quit re-investing in new properties and within a few months became cash Millionaires.

Now I understand the youngest has been very involved and active in helping the Wagoneer community with the money and is enjoying the status it has given her. Think she is on the city council. She always seemed very happy go lucky and now even more-so.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-18-2016 at 05:46 AM..
Old 02-18-2016, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129076 (permalink)