View Single Post

TurboKraft Full Engine rebuild, EFI, + more - Build Thread

Hey guys,

Chris has been kind enough to let me kick around the shop and document my full EFI conversion as well as the rebuild of the engine and a whole whack of other cool stuff.

I've been documenting everything on my YouTube channel so if you're interested check out the first video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0gPNJdR2b4

But I've been taking a few photos here and there so I'll continue to post them up as the build progresses.

The shop has so many cool and extremely rare cars that I couldn't stop drooling over them when I arrived.

This 964 twin turbo engine has got all the best upgrades including ITB's, 997 GT3 crank and it's going into a RWB car that is at the shop. The want is high!

I've longed for a Ruf 930 so seeing one in person and watching Chris and Mike tear down the engine has been spectacular.

This here is my turd, getting ready to have it's engine and trans extracted. I've contemplated an EFI swap for quite some time after giving up on CIS and trying to tune it. I know some will disagree but I found CIS to be extremely archaic as a fuel delivery source for a modified engine and that's why I decided to go EFI as I want to have the modern perks of reliability, big power production, and ease of tuning that all come with EFI.

It's inspiring watching Chris and Mike pull a 930 engine and trans. They've got the process down to a T and are so efficient at it.

Same goes for the engine teardown. I've never worked or seen an air-cooled Porsche engine torn down before so having a front row seat for this was incredibly educating and eye opening.

You could say my engine had a few leaks.

And this is where we ended the day. My engine is completely torn down and now we send parts off to the machine shop and assembly will start soon!
Old 03-06-2016, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)