View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliolps2 View Post
Its a true 1992 964 Turbo one of 289 built that year, Blk on Blk full leather interior and trim, two owner car with 48000 miles,

AC works..thank god..

it feels like it may need to be corner balanced, my brother installed H &R lowering springs, it feels off.

The 3.6 Na motor has one exhaust outlet on the right, and the 965 has dual outlet bumper, looks bad, so i will need a dual out muffler for a 964 .

It Leaks power steering fluid from somewhere around the reservoir,
rear lighting need to be replaced , they look pink, the read deck is warped, because of the AZ heat and it's leather

The brakes on the 965 use a electric hydraulic pump system, the brakes need to be bleed correctly, it's a process,

The gear lever has a weird thing going on , a first the gear lever acted normal, as drove the can for a while the gear started to get sticky, like the linkage is rubbing or catching on something, maybe the tranny mounts are going bad, or the tunnel cover is pushed up onto it,

The tires are shot and dried up, the wheels are ok, but a set 18 RH's would look better, but for now they will stay,

the front bumper and hood is pitted really bad , like he drove behind a gravel truck for a hour the rest of the paint looks great, and there's a door ding on the driver door,

over all not a bad car.

So looks like I have something to work on this spring, I will post pic's when she arrives.

thank you guys for your encouragement on doing the trade.
Yep, nothing dramatic here, all reasonable fixes.. Also, if adding the turbo set-up seems like a daunting PIA, there is a TPC supercharger for sale on the board.

There are a couple of 964's and 993's around the area that are running the TPC set-up. Having driven two of them, I'd say the feeling is quite linear, similar to that of the TT but with a bit less rush.
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)