View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
Whichever method you prefer is fine by me.
Great. The first thing I want to do is validate my approach makes sense. I'm a very hands on guy, and quickly become good at things, but I've never tuned an EFI system before. Closest I've done is fiddling with carbs.

My car as I said is close to stock, K26, cat delete, B&B muffler is all. But, I have some hot parts winging their way to me now, RarlyL8 headers, K27/29, and soon a Fabspeed IC. In a year or two I'll be doing cams and clutch.

My plan was to through in one of these now:

MTX-L Wideband O2 Digital Air/fuel Ratio Gauge

and start seeing where I am wrt AFRs. Then toss in the the FCIS with only fuel management, and learn how the system works, tune it, and be able to compare apples to apples before playing swaperoni with parts.

Once I've got fuel mapping down, I would like to add ignition control. How do I do that with FCIS?

Then when that is configured I'll add on the go faster bits and basically re-do everything. The reason for the double work is to be able to start with a known good configuration.

Comments?

Also, with the go faster bits on there I also want knock detection. But what does MS do when knock is detected? Retard ignition?
Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #518 (permalink)