View Single Post
umop apisdn

The strategy of starting slow and logging first is good and very similar to the way I approached the install on my vehicle.

I installed the wideband and MicroSquirt along with the basic sensors, then ran with the stock WUR for a little while so I could data log and tune to ensure I understood what the engine was doing under normal conditions before introducing the new toys.

Others may have different views, but I've never personally placed much value on aftermarket knock detection. It's difficult to match the sensing circuitry to individual engines so that the right frequencies are ignored or listened for, so not likely to happen in a universal kit. The sensor itself is basically a microphone, and a correctly tuned filter is required to make some semblance of sense of the noise.
Knock Detection & Prevention
Without a specific understanding of the characteristics of the motor being tuned it is essentially trying to do a jigsaw puzzle blindfolded and wearing boxing gloves.

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 03-11-2016, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #520 (permalink)