View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Spumato
IMO, why not get an older car and put a 3.0L in it with what you want and have the 915 rebuilt.

This is exactly the route that I took. I have a MY1974 911 Coupe w/ sunroof that has been repainted I the rare factory color, Salmon Metallic. The brake calipers have been rebuilt, I added performance pads, slotted and drilled rotors (pattern matches Porsche road team from period), upgraded to stainless steel brake lines, and added Blue Racing brake fluid. Also, I have flushed and sealed the fuel tank, added a 3.0L fuel pump, replaced the fuel distributor with a refurbished unit. New fuel accumulator, new soft lines in the engine bay. Ultra sonically cleaned the injectors.

My 3.0L is from a MY1983SC. It has 204bhp to start, we custom ported the exhaust side and put 964 cams in and added ARP head studs and rod bolts to strengthen the block. Titanium valve springs were added for the lift of the cams and to help with high rev tolerance. Also, rebuilt the 915, and the trans axles and added new bearings at all four wheels. And included a lightweight flywheel and a Sachs Centerforce Clutch.

All in all I don't think I would ever want the G50, and my beast will dominate a 3.2L all day long!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)