View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Type 99 Japanese Spoon

Going through some pics long lost at my wife's childhood house we came upon some interesting WW2 pics. Her dad recently talked about a souvenir they latched onto when given the OK to go through the caves at Okinawa after the smoke had cleared. My fil on the left in the top pic said after leaving they were told they would be thrown in the brig if caught with any guns. So this one went over the side that night. At 93 he's got one foot in the grave and another on a Bananna peel but still recalls those days after never talking about them till recently when he took a major fall nearly a year ago.

The guy on the left was his brother who he kept out of trouble during their time on the ship. That information coming from his estranged son who came back into the family fold after being gone 50 years. He had plenty of stories about my fil his dad had told him my wife and I had never heard. Like the fact he was the enforcer in a family of 6 big old raw boned farm boys growing up in dust bowl Ok in the 30's.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)