Thread: 930potd
View Single Post

Full repaint.

One of the items on short list with my black 84 is a "full service" repaint. I'm going to budget $15k for the next winter? project, and have always had the "crayola/matchbox" car colors swirling around in the back of my mind. Growing up in the back seat of a 1979 silver 930 w/ blue leather and then later in what is now my black 1984 930 with tan leather - I start to consider...

There's a 930 on this forum with a blue (matte?) paint job that I find intoxicating! Or a recent article about a Nato green 930 in Finland. The green one pictured above then pulls me in that direction (the best and worst of the 1970's...)

Lots to think about, and when you plan on taking the car almost completely apart for a bare metal respray? What a decision; a huge trigger to pull! I have it in my mind that I will never sell this car, so original color doesn't really bother me. But seeing these wild 70's colors really brings me back to childhood.

Having said all that, I love seeing the wild color combinations on an old Porsche. Too cool.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2131 (permalink)