View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
I had heard the fuel lines running thru the tunnel are nylon so they should not need replacement-----IS THIS CORRECT?

I can only imagine how one goes about replacing the lines running thru the center tunnel......HOW IS THIS DONE?

IMO, Replacing the lines with new ones made up would be better than using old OEM lines that have been sitting in a warehouse for 25 years or more.

Fred
In some case its really not that bad of a job... considering the variables.

We just did a set two weeks ago on a 74 Carrera we're finishing-up. It took about 20 minutes!
Ummm, and about those variables.. the engine and trans are out of the car, the shifter is out and I also removed the shift rod and the emergency brake console/handle etc..
There is a tunnel within the tunnel that the line slides in with several fold-over tabs where the line enters and exits the secondary tunnel. These tabs hold the line close to the wall.

The lines are black polyethylene I believe and are fitted over barb fittings sort of like a larger version of the old MFI injection lines.

Pic of new lines prior to install.. will post pic of tunnel if I have one.

RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)