View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to awjens
MS tachometer/ignition input for 911 SC

I have read all of this thread, perhaps I missed something. I have a supercharged SC and I have a MSD 6A. It is currently connected to a MSD timing boost retard. I would like for testing purposes connect the tach output on the 6A or understand how to use phasing and let the MS feed the MSD unit. Its the current 6 pin plug feeding the MSD 6A with the green wire. It's my understanding that I can get up to 25 degrees of advance thru MS by locking the distributor. What I don't see is how the factory distributer output or tach is fed into the MS. Initially I just want the MS to have access to the Tach or the distributor signals while letting the MSD 6A and boost retard handle firing. I am wanting to run with the stock WUR and all the sensors connected to the MS for logging. I have two cars in the shop, both euros. One has the -097 fuel distributor without Lamda, and the other is a -077 with Lamda. Its sounding like I can get more fuel with the lamda head. Im close to going full EFI but for the purpose of easily switching back to stock I would like to keep CIS.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #552 (permalink)