View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentx View Post
Anyone have experience putting a Griffiths package on a 930?

The compressor on my A/C is dead and I think some of the parts are missing. I've been talking to Griffiths about either going with their Reliability upgrade
package #2 or going "all In" on a Mr. Cool system since I likely have to replace all the hoses in my car as well..

My current bracket is what I was worried about after seeing it.. that I'd invest
all that money in the upgrade and not be able to use it with the brackets I have. My car is a stock 1982 930 Turbo 3.3L Euro car so I know the bracket on it is the original.

Anyone have any experience doing this that can say if I could use the bracket I have or if I have to take out another mortgage and buy 911SC bracket for this?
I would ask Charlie directly. He will know. I purchased his system including all the barrier hoses, front condenser, upgraded evaporator, etc. everything but the compressor and rear deck condenser because mine were fine. High quality parts, excellent instructions, the install kit was very thorough: every screw, washer, oring, etc. was there. I didn't need to buy anything else to install it. Great support from Charlie with any questions too. His shop is like 20 minutes from my house, so I actually drove there to pick up the system and meet him in person. Great guy.

If the hoses are original, don't even think of keeping them. If they aren't cracked, they will be soon...

If you do need a bracket, I bet you could find it used. A lot of guys take their AC out, so have no use for the bracket. Put a WTB add in the classifieds.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)