Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'76 DP935 on BAT

Ends today, no affiliation.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-porsche-930-turbo-carrera-7/
Old 07-03-2018, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Seller thinks it is a Kremer with the usual DP body parts. Very confusing. Here is a Kremer from 76 with similar paint scheme and body mods but it is a 934 not a 935. Maybe some one had it built and used both DP and Kremer stuff as it did not have any provenance I saw ( build sheet etc.) from either DP or Kremer, just some decals and a plaque.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-04-2018 at 06:16 AM..
Old 07-03-2018, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Anthony, any truth to the seller's claim that Kremer made cars with no real performance upgrades? The BAT car, besides its muffler, appears to have no performance mods...
Old 07-03-2018, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I've looked at that car, very nice shape. There are no mods to the motor except the euro exhaust.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Et all....I know the owner of this car, and have known him for decades. He is a straight shooter.
Buying/owning/selling cars and motorcycles is his life and lively hood, and his reputation is important to him.

Mocker, remember that BAT writes their own ads....not the seller! Don't take everything you read on BAT's site verbatim...just saying.

Mark
Old 07-03-2018, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The up grades were the customer's choice. I've seen a few DP bodywork cars with stock motors, stock interior etc.
I tried to post on the BAT site. That car was listed on my site a few years back. There a couple of odd things. The rear engine lid is a stock '78 or newer, not DP. A DP or Kremer intercooler wouldn't fit. Someone mentioned the type 1 bodywork which seems to have the narrower rear fenders and shorter rear slats. The car has 11x15 rear wheels, looking at the fenders the 13x15 wide Fuchs with 335/35/15 tires wouldn't fit. Strange seat badge, as the seats are the Recaro electric C seats. Also stock mirrors, not the 935 mirrors.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Also, the stripes don't look correct, as all the DP's I've seen have the 3 same width stripes as the car above. Without seeing the original paperwork from DP it's hard to tell what they or someone else has done.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Et all....I know the owner of this car, and have known him for decades. He is a straight shooter.
Buying/owning/selling cars and motorcycles is his life and lively hood, and his reputation is important to him.

Mocker, remember that BAT writes their own ads....not the seller! Don't take everything you read on BAT's site verbatim...just saying.

Mark
Yes, he called or emailed me to seek Kremer info years ago and I told him all i knew then. I believe he gave a truthful explainton to what his car is however not all info exists to really verify the early ones and they did a good job with what they had. As some will agree it is difficult to get perfect info from a rare build especially at the beginning of a new venture that both DP and Kremer were involved with back then. Just hoping something they wanted to build would stick. Well it did, they both had good results with the ones they envisioned. Lots of things about his car that should make someone happy.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-03-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-03-2018, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
Anthony, any truth to the seller's claim that Kremer made cars with no real performance upgrades? The BAT car, besides its muffler, appears to have no performance mods...
I know DP did so maybe that is what he really has. I saw some ( still have the literature probably somewhere to order from options from no performance options to the sky was the limit ) i grabbed when @ A Northridge collector car auction ( Spectrum I think ) in 1985-86. Kremer built Porsche Kremer race cars way before the 934 & 935. I think people would go elsewhere than to Kremer for a low performance build using DP body parts however surviving back then was not that easy so maybe for a special customer??? I do not have Kremer or DP history of all they built but would be nice to be able to offer a genuine COA for either.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-04-2018 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-03-2018, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post

Mark
Isn't that Kie's car? IIRC, it was sold on Pelican.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-03-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
I wonder who ordered this car? Because the audio system seems to be all they cared about.
The G80 system, phone and seats are so perfect. This car is a time capsule.

Old 07-03-2018, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I have known kie for nearly 16 years. great guy and very solid in the Ferrari, Porsche and ducati community. great photos of the car and a cool video. I would expect nothing less from kie!
Old 07-03-2018, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
That stereo stuff is so cool...back then (late 70's thru mid 80's?) the high-end car stereo industry made components like these that exuded quality, aviation/analog/metal ethos compared to all the silly video-game inspired plasticky crap we're stuck with now. Would be tough on the passenger's knees in an accident, though! John
Old 07-03-2018, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

It didn't sell, I wonder what the reserve was?
Old 07-04-2018, 04:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

That cassette deck will probably need a new pinch roller by now.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeffries View Post
That stereo stuff is so cool...back then (late 70's thru mid 80's?) the high-end car stereo industry made components like these that exuded quality, aviation/analog/metal ethos compared to all the silly video-game inspired plasticky crap we're stuck with now. Would be tough on the passenger's knees in an accident, though! John
Agree. I had to look on e-bay for one in a brief "I want one" moment. That set would look so cool in the center console.
But too much work to install and my I phone wouldn't stream on it.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: