Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Intake Investigation

I'm trying to determine what I have and how to proceed intake wise. I have documentation on an engine build done by a previous owner but no real specs on what was done.

Below are the cam specs and the measured port sizes.

Webb Cam specs

Intake Runners 35mm

Intake Ported to about 38mm

Intake Throat 35mm

I have converted the engine to EFI with both fuel and timing control using the Bitz Kit. I'm now considering a low pressure turbo setup and trying to determine what intake to use.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Turbo Intake Options:

3.2 Intake with custom ported spacers?
Custom Intake with CIS Bits ports opened up?
Other ideas?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon in STL View Post
Turbo Intake Options:

3.2 Intake with custom ported spacers?
Custom Intake with CIS Bits ports opened up?
Other ideas?
go the Carrera intake route. You can use the factory fuel rails/fuel pressure regulator and throttle body. Super simple to bolt on and go. You will have to replace the studs on the intake side of the heads to bolt the Carrera intake in since they have to be longer. I recommend replacement fuel lines, since most used lines are a fire hazard. There has been talk of the 964 intake being a better choice, but you are costing yourself double $ easy.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks for the input Scott!

I did see the kit from Turbokraft that includes the spacers, gaskets, and longer bolts for use with the Carrera intake.

Since the engine is out of the car I'm thinking about replacing the fuel lines back to the tank and possibly replacing the hard brake lines while I'm at it (connectors are pretty corroded).

I see you are running microsquirt. I was running MS II V3.57 with a Quadspark and a Dodge Caravan six pack coil setup and 60-2 wheel. I'm now moving to microsquirt with Coil Near Plug LS coils and using wasted spark.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Hi Damon,

Yes, we make the adapters to go from the 41.5mm of the Carrera manifold down to 32mm like a standard 930 Turbo. The material is easy for you to port-match with a sanding drum and a rotary tool (Dremel, etc.) to your heads' intake port diameter.

We also offer the TPS kit for the 3.2L Carrera manifold, since it originally has a switch, not a sensor.

You'll want the entire 3.2L Carrera manifold + t-body and pull rod + fuel rails + supply line (rubber/steel with T in the middle) + damper + regulator.

Due to age, plan on rebuilding the fuel lines.

If you're staying batch fire, the original regulator is fine. If going full sequential, plan on converting to a 964 regulator and making a new return line.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 05-17-2019, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Chris,

Sorry for the slow response and thanks for the info!

The plan is to change out all fuel lines back to the tank. When I installed the Bitz kit, I went with an adjustable FPR. Also changed out the TPS at the same time.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Porsche Crest

Damon, I can help with your fuel lines.

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Old 07-14-2019, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Update: I've now acquired a 3.2 intake and purchased the TurboKraft intake kit. Most of the studs came out with no issue. A couple were a bit stubborn but with PB Blaster and a bit of heat I got all of them swapped out.

It took me a while to figure out how to port match the spacers from TurboKraft. I first tried a dremel tool and that took forever. I ended up taking a router and creating a router table. A little scary with my fingers so close to the tool...but, it all worked out fine.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post

Damon, I can help with your fuel lines.

Len.Cummings at verizon.net

Thanks Len. I ended up routing two new stainless steel lines.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Well....looks like I may have screwed up here. You know the old saying measure twice...cut once. I was not thinking clearly and removed the "D" portion of the adapters. I'll see how much of a problem it is when I get home.....

Old 02-08-2021, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: