Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb07 View Post
I have a TurboKraft half bay on my 89. It is nice.
How do you drive these without AC in SoFlo? I donít get it.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

The turbokraft stuff is just plain sexy. But, I don’t have 3k in my whole turbo conversion, including my EFI set up with distributorless ignition. Maybe one day I can afford a full turbokraft build! One of the best in the business!
Old 06-14-2019, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
The car pictured does not have AC. My 89 does. I may add ac to this car eventually but probably not. Iím usually working out of the country for 4 months or so in the summer so I get to miss the heat and humidity of South Florida.
Xbmwguy has this same intercoler with ice cold ac. Basically he has split rear condensers in the rear wheel wells, but not 100% sure of the set up.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb07 View Post
The car pictured does not have AC. My 89 does. I may add ac to this car eventually but probably not. Iím usually working out of the country for 4 months or so in the summer so I get to miss the heat and humidity of South Florida.
Xbmwguy has this same intercoler with ice cold ac. Basically he has split rear condensers in the rear wheel wells, but not 100% sure of the set up.
Even if youíre gone during the worst months, itís still unbearable without AC down here all year round. I know firsthand, Iím not far from you.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Even if youíre gone during the worst months, itís still unbearable without AC down here all year round. I know firsthand, Iím not far from you.
JM, you would absolutely love the bone chilling a/c in my Turbo - 28 degree vent temps in even 96 degree plus, North TexASS heat and humidity. It's a homebuilt, highly modified system using a mix of parts from many different suppliers (even a GM blower motor used in Suburbans from the early 2000s). I shiit you not, it will hang icicles on all yer parts! That's probably my finest accomplishment with this car, and definitely the most rewarding, given the hellhole that I live in.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
JM, you would absolutely love the bone chilling a/c in my Turbo - 28 degree vent temps in even 96 degree plus, North TexASS heat and humidity. It's a homebuilt, highly modified system using a mix of parts from many different suppliers (even a GM blower motor used in Suburbans from the early 2000s). I shiit you not, it will hang icicles on all yer parts! That's probably my finest accomplishment with this car, and definitely the most rewarding, given the hellhole that I live in.
Thatís the coldest temp reading Iíve heard of in a 930! Donít tell the weight shaving crowd how many pounds you added to keep your nuggets cool, theyíd all shun you.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
That’s the coldest temp reading I’ve heard of in a 930! Don’t tell the weight shaving crowd how many pounds you added to keep your nuggets cool, they’d all shun you.
There are a few other guys that have gotten cold temps like that in the 911 forum, and I think that Deez is close to that with the system in his 930, but yep, it is about as cold as you can get and still have a system that functions without resorting to a refrigeration controller (something I use on my home a/c systems, BTW. I'm fookin obsessed with creating frosty environments to relax and sleep in - probably because I primarily work in the heat and get sick of it.)

What's really nice about that, is the speed with which the systems sheds heat soak - fan on high and quick, high 20s temps out of the vents means that the interior heat is dumped really quickly.

I've also done things like ensure air entry gaps are sealed (behind the dash, etc), and even made a metal blocking plate that goes under the air intake screen at the base of the windshield - prevents air from entering there at highway speeds and is not visible since I painted it flat black. Every little bit really helps with these cars (such as heavily insulating the evaporator housing, etc.).

Butt yep, weight savings was not a concern of mine - ha ha!
Old 06-14-2019, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Knees,
Can you elaborate more on your blower set up? What evaporator are you running?
Quote:
Old 06-15-2019, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrx7tt View Post
Knees,
Can you elaborate more on your blower set up? What evaporator are you running?
Scott, it is a Rennair serpentine evaporator (that company is now out of business, however). Griffith's makes the best one available, however.

Send me your email via PM and I'll forward you info I wrote up about my system build, so as not to hijack this thread further.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

I thought derailing threads was your specialty Raw? LoL. And I thought for sure youíd spike that blower question.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
I thought derailing threads was your specialty Raw? LoL. And I thought for sure you’d spike that blower question.
Holy shiiit, you're right on both accounts - I must really be getting old and slow(er)!!!
Old 06-15-2019, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Holy shiiit, you're right on both accounts - I must really be getting old and slow(er)!!!
You better get your act together, or you may need to change your handle to Properknees, cause there wasnít much Raw left in that last response.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Excellence magazine had an ad for RennAire in the April 2019 issue. The first ad I have seen in quite a while. I wonder if they are in business just part time.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Every one of our intercoolers will accommodate air conditioning.
Half-bay intercooler: no mods to the condenser
Full-width intercooler: move condenser to the wheel well (usually upgrade to a better one at the same time), add an electric fan
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-16-2019, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap930 View Post
Excellence magazine had an ad for RennAire in the April 2019 issue. The first ad I have seen in quite a while. I wonder if they are in business just part time.
Having an ad in Excellence magazine is hardly an indicator of whether a business is operating or closed. TK dropped its ads in Excellence some time back and we've been busier than ever.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-16-2019, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap930 View Post
Their website is still up, but they donít respond to emails. I may try calling on Monday to see if I can reach them
Old 06-16-2019, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Full-width intercooler: move condenser to the wheel well (usually upgrade to a better one at the same time), add an electric fan
so the fan and condenser in the fender well any idea where to get one? back of the drivers side fender well will have a 4 inch pipe and air filter for the turbo inlet so it will need to go next to the Fender vent
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-17-2019, 11:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
the 964 turbo has their AC condenser in front left wheel well i think- can see that would be a nice upgrade for 930
Old 06-18-2019, 02:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

I take 2 condensers and modify them to fit in the left side front and rear wheel wells. I use parallel flow condensers which are designed for the higher pressurea used with R-134. The old serpentine condensers aren't as efficient.

Xbmwguy has been waiting very patiently for an appointment for the same surgery.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

I also install an PWM fan speed controller. A hurricane fan motor, and an electronic programmable thermostat to control the temperature.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: