Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
I think many here are a one brand person. I love the Porsche is has been the ONE I have wanted since childhood.
Quote of the day!

Old 09-16-2019, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Actual times! Yay

Alright! I can contribute something besides benchtop racing even if it is underwhelming. (I need to work on my 60ft and launch settings big time) I was scared to break stuff mostly with how much reconstructive surgery I did on my trans...

Went out a bought a Dragy finally and got it setup. Initial impressions first day was wtf as it was dropping in and out every couple seconds. Could barely get a 0-60 pass in much less a 1/4 mi. This was attempted out in the flattest of Indiana corn fields with no trees or funky weather so idk what was going on with signal. Maybe the satellites were in a not-so-great position or something. I almost boxed it right back up but decided Id try again the next day in a different location.

Said results:

LOL, just kidding. First run was my 265,000 mile daily-driver. Shes still got the moves

and lastly...

This was with a roll-out take off and not a launch. I think I mightve let out a little early too and think it can trap higher. Tried a launch promptly after but settings were all wonky and it bogged or blew the front tires off. Need a better timing ramp and manual control of my C4 diff locks and 11s will be cake, esp on a prepped surface and not a dusty country road; I mean Mexico
"Frankenstein" - 964 C4 chassis/driveline - 993 widebody/Speedster look - VEMS standalone - twin plug high compression 3.6L N/A engine - 945cc cc/min injectors - Bosch 044 pump - GT45 @ 1bar/14psi - non intercooled/wingless - E85 fuel - turbo inlet water meth inj. - 3.5" exhaust - GT3RS clutch + LWFW
Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have thought about the 996TT, even with the prices a lil higher I think it is one of the best cars you can buy for the money.

But I honestly love the SC, do I wish it was a fire breathing monster sure, but I love so much about it. The 996TT is fast, but I like very little else about it.... the front end, the interior, the appliance nature of its performance delivery... Amazing car, just lacks the charm of the ol SC.

Also, I just kinda want a nasty V8 next to the Porsche. I think my SC with a 10.5:1 big cam rebuild would be a fun lil ride.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Geronimo, you are starting to suck, biggly, bro! It's about time for me to re-post my motivational masterpiece, I see!
Old 09-16-2019, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Well, in the interest of keeping my driveline together and making repeatable launches, I'm thinking I'm going to place an order for a launch control valve/slipper valve. Already have an ECU that can put out a signal when launch is active and then when it's not, clutch slipper valve is open and regular snappy clutch action resumes.

https://www.maperformance.com/products/map-hydraulic-launch-control-device-for-manual-transmission-vehicles?variant=5331062275&gclid=CjwKCAjw5fzrBRASEiwAD2OSVxc8VAgFh4dLAne0TR7m vjYpJHyI_33bX6U8aOnnxOm8ks1FSH3_GBoCnF4QAvD_BwE

After that, the next bit is adding 2 very small, single circuit, master brake cylinders with adjusters within reach just like the 964 C4 lightweight so I can adjust center and rear diff clutch-pack preload. Factory ABS/4wd module is toasty toast Hence the front tire roasting on launches. The 993 viscous 90/10 torque split is much better than the 964 planetary 31/69. Too much front bias for the amount of weight transfer going on.
"Frankenstein" - 964 C4 chassis/driveline - 993 widebody/Speedster look - VEMS standalone - twin plug high compression 3.6L N/A engine - 945cc cc/min injectors - Bosch 044 pump - GT45 @ 1bar/14psi - non intercooled/wingless - E85 fuel - turbo inlet water meth inj. - 3.5" exhaust - GT3RS clutch + LWFW

Last edited by 993Speedster; 09-16-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Registered

The dragy's are addicting. At first I wondered how the magazines got such good times, even comparing to the factory's times. Then I found out that they use a 1 ft rollout.

On another note, the girl and I took the 996 GT2 on a 220 mile drive over the weekend to Laguna Seca. She was PISSED that I was trying to hypermile like an old man in a Prius! I did get the mileage up to almost 21mpg though. Then it got the better of me and I returned to my wicked ways in the last 50 miles.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
LOL Rawks,

I was wondering how long before you popped in to punch me.

I get it, but chasing power in a Porsche has a pain multiplier of X3 lol
Old 09-17-2019, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannobee View Post
On another note, the girl and I took the 996 GT2 on a 220 mile drive over the weekend to Laguna Seca. She was PISSED that I was trying to hypermile like an old man in a Prius! I did get the mileage up to almost 21mpg though.
Jus tell the bisch, "Don't mess with my discount!"

https://youtu.be/yMsmubcvY_k

Last edited by icemann427; 09-17-2019 at 07:24 AM..
Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

What roads did you take?Just wondering because I live about that far but South of Laguna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannobee View Post
The dragy's are addicting. At first I wondered how the magazines got such good times, even comparing to the factory's times. Then I found out that they use a 1 ft rollout.

On another note, the girl and I took the 996 GT2 on a 220 mile drive over the weekend to Laguna Seca. She was PISSED that I was trying to hypermile like an old man in a Prius! I did get the mileage up to almost 21mpg though. Then it got the better of me and I returned to my wicked ways in the last 50 miles.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Registered

As my so-cal raised gf says, "We took THE 680 to THE 101, then took THE 68 to the track."

Old 09-17-2019, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1/4 mile , 911 , 930 , 964 , 993