Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hey you Boosted Brainiacs..did you see the Jay Leno Ruf Video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAlQ7jFZ5s

Awesome video!!!
Yasin
Old 10-02-2019, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Yes! I saw it. Very inspiring.

Rahl
Old 10-02-2019, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yes but Jay kept claiming that was the first Yellowbird....it wasn’t. Very cool video though.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Saw this one a few years ago....so very cool!

Old 10-02-2019, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Yes but Jay kept claiming that was the first Yellowbird....it wasn’t. Very cool video though.
It was yellow bird(ctr) #1.
Ruf still has the yellow bird from road and track at home personally.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
And with all the knowledge jay is supposed to have, I still don’t think he knows what an intercooler is for.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
An Informative & Awesome video!!!
Old 10-03-2019, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
From the Ruf intercooler and airbox to the gas pedal and inside door handles my car is no where near a real Ruf built car. Being a converted Turbo from an SC base, I still relate to these cars maybe because of the few Ruf parts that I have. Or maybe it's the crazy PCA guy that keeps bringing people over to see the "real Ruf" even though I've told him repeatedly that he is wrong. I enjoyed this video and most anything Ruf.
1981 SC Steel Widebody, DP Lid, 930/51 to 3.2l, K27 7006 Turbo, DOD, P&P Twin Plug heads, Twinfire Ignition, Ruf Intercooler, Powerhaus headers, Zork, CIS Euro FD, 009 injectors, 044 pump, BLwur, 930 4 sp LSD, Mocal 44 w/fan, LM2, Brembo, Retroair, Euromeisters
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Saw this one a few years ago....so very cool!

Yes, very cool! Amazing that in the photo's no one is standing around admiring or looking at it. What a great car. Jay Leno seems to be appreciating Porsches other than the factory offerings. After all Porsche could have built some neat stuff like RUF and other great "tuners" examples , some made other than in germany by some pretty talented tuners in USA. Some show goers do not have a clue.

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-04-2019 at 09:42 AM..
Old 10-04-2019, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Yes, very cool! Amazing that in the photo's no one is standing around admiring or looking at it. What a great car. Jay Leno seems to be appreciating Porsches other than the factory offerings. After all Porsche could have built some neat stuff like RUF and other great "tuners" examples , some made other than in germany by some pretty talented tuners in USA. Some show goers do not have a clue.
Most folks do not know what a RUF car is, including plenty of Porsche enthusiasts. So itís not surprising that a crowd is not around it. Incidentally the two cars next to it are also RUF Vin cars. Owner had three of them there. Yes I agree, in the US we have many talented tuners but probably very few with manufacturer status.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: