Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftday View Post
I feel and identify with your enthusiast prospective sort of.

....Electric is way faster and more efficient and if you get a chance to rip around in a new Taycan you will understand. Just wait until they get the mass down with new battery tech. ....
Agree, with great reluctance, as the prospect of learning electric engines is daunting and probably not do-able at my age.
...but, face it, the future is here and so is electric, and internal combustion will end up being an anachronism relegated to being a curiosity, kinda like a troika pulled by fine Arabian horses -- but still nowhere competitive with electric.

I'll still be the old guy in the jam-packed garage, shoeing horses -- and schoolkids will all be laughing.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93097004xx View Post
Ugg two things weighing on my mind as a life long Porschephile are as follows..

#1 Families or their lack of compatibility with the porsche mark..

These were never designed to be family cars like the current porsche model line up.. Or Volkswagen AGs relentless persuit of $$$$ by badging its SUVs volkswagen, porsche, lamborghini, bentely. These are ALL based on the SAME volkswagen chassis..

Years back a young successful gentleman would walk into a porsche dealership with a attractive young lady order his $65,000 sports car several months later would collect it with a different attractive younger lady..

Lifeís winners and players were attracted to porsche in the 70s, 80s now.. Itís family folks.. Even the guys buying GT,2,3 are married with kids..

I guess lamborghini has taken that market away from porsche. The young, The successful, The selfish bliss..

Just not the indulgent hedonistic wealthy customer anymore.. This greatly affects Porsche image and mystique.. Those seen driving them..

Porsche needs to stop engineering cars around families..

#2 Electricity.. I donít even need to speak of what this will do to mark as a whole..

I only need to draw a reference to Rolex.. Rolex resisted the need to switch to electronic movements when timex came along.. Yes the timex is 10XS more accurate and it doesnít require $750 dollar service every 5 years also doesnít cost $18,000 to $50,000..

However look at Rolex standing in the market of luxury items developing old outdated mechanical watches..

Porsche take note of who your true life long customers are.. They arenít the familyís trying to keep up with the neighbors.. They arenít the tampax wearing types that need a accessory to their hand bag..

They are and always have been the successful, largely single and male in sex..

They are also willing to pay much much more than current MSRPs for the porsche of old, the golden era when porsche was a exclusive club of finely handmade sports cars.

I full well believe that porsche could start MSRPs in the $200,000 range up to $500,000 and cut production by some 70% and still be wildly successful without whoring the way they are now..

When one considers the absolute criteria a porsche must meet in order to be a porsche surely a family car is not one of them.

In closing I propose a toast, to the porsche of old school. Which built the finest sports cars the world over without ANY regard for political or environmental correctness.

The golden years.
Its marque not mark, and real watch guys don't buy rolex's. they're for "salesman of the year" trying to pick up girls at the cheesy bar next to the hampton inn
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition. Tial f46P 1.0 bar spring, SC cams, K-27/29, lightweight clutch, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
ERMERGERD!!!

ROFLMAO - agreed, this post (and all the priceless responses) *MADE MY DAY*

Thanks, Tony! Seemed particularly whiskey-induced, I might add.

Where in the exact fuch did the Rolex rant come from / fit in? Glad you included tho, the raining-cash .gif and Flightlead's Rolexbash had me spit out my glass 'o box'd red. Troof.

I get maybe (maybe) some (some) of the spirit of parts of your post I s'pose... sorta. Agreed w/ Rey, anyone who knows anything about anything knows Porsche was on it's ARSE near-failure and saved by none other than the 'Pepper.

Also diggin the reveal here - too funny. Trust me, I've met Senor 'Knees... no one should have to be subjected to seein that George Carlin lookin dbag in person let alone on the intarwebz.

Thanks fer all the laughs, YFF's - can alwazy count on youz. Here's me rocking my "FU Manchu" & mulletwig @ Watkins Glen Vintage Fest:

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 01-06-2020 at 06:49 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered

My Christmas Rant to Porsche..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
Its marque not mark, and real watch guys don't buy rolex's. they're for "salesman of the year" trying to pick up girls at the cheesy bar next to the hampton inn

Thanks for the grammar correction..

Umm youíre wrong..

Ok Vintage Sport Rolex is one of the finest forms of watch collecting.

The world over the most jaded watch collectors all have vintage sport Rolex in their collection..

It is to the point of saying that any watch collection without at least a few vintage sport Rolex then the whole collection will be deemed impotent.

The 62XX are the epitome of the perfect vintage watch.

The Paul Newman and the Pre Daytonaís are a must have for any serious watch collection to the point that folks will stand in line for hours just to view them through a bullet proof display case.

We have seen prices hover from $200,000 to $14,000,000.

I myself would trade my entire collection and then some for a ROC 6263 6265.

Last edited by 93097004xx; 01-06-2020 at 07:19 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Bonuspic: "Sh!!tter's Full" from this Xmas (protip - utilize the ducted brake hose from the 930 for near-authentic Randy Quaid prop?):

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 01-06-2020, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
. . .

Also diggin the reveal here - too funny. Trust me, I've met Senor 'Knees... no one should have to be subjected to seein that George Carlin lookin dbag in person let alone on the intarwebz.

. . .
Ha ha, yew fookin', never posts anymore, bisch!!!

And speaking of old times ---->

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 01-06-2020 at 07:03 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

gearhead

I’m still waiting on a picture of Raw.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-07-2020, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Bonuspic: "Sh!!tter's Full" from this Xmas (protip - utilize the ducted brake hose from the 930 for near-authentic Randy Quaid prop?):

Awesome.
Ya Iíve never met that guy either(mr. knees) but Iím actually interested. Thats not nasty. I genuinely am interested in meeting raw.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
gearhead

I think everyone wants to meet him.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-07-2020, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Ha ha, yew fookin', never posts anymore, bisch!!!

And speaking of old times ---->

'Knees! You fookityfookfuookFOOKBISH. Aw, you noticed. "You don't buy me flowers, anymore". TOOL. Jahmon, been limiting screentime but winter wrangles me back. Will prob have a project thread of sorts come April when I know my college-picture (Fme).

Now - old times, eh?:

Alas, old times are more like - time for some goatpussay? (fut the wuck, I can see the .gif script in preview but it won't post!???):

Matt, still awaiting a Mr. 'Knees pic eh? To date, no apparatus has been able to sucksessfully capture that goatazz lookin muuffuukkaahh without suffering violent spontaneous catASStrophic failurez. True story. Heck, my retinas needed scraping after my in-Texass encounter w/ that goatygoatfukker. I did, however - manage one of his POS... arguably his (only) good side? Damn tho, just surfed my archives and shooting blanks - Raw, you recall wtf year that was? Dammit!

Old 01-07-2020, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I think everyone wants to meet him.
can I get a takeback?

Old 01-07-2020, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:

Great pic & great movie! Wheelhouse for me.... My favorite part is the office bit. Executives are walking past Clark and he says merry xmas over and over then kiss my ass, kiss his ass, happy Hanukkah! Was a kid when this came out and now have had this nearly exact situation happen.. So great! Thanks!

Old 01-09-2020, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: