Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Jwest is best

Having own both the Wevo shifter and the Jwestshifter on my last 930. I really liked the jwest. Though truth be told both are excellent units. Since I decided to upgrade the shifter on my 77 930 I wanted something with a classic look. So my only choice was a Wevo. Or so I thought. I then decided to reach out to James at jwest and explained my dilemma. He said he had no plans to make a classic...but would indulge me and make a custom one for me. Currently he has no plans to make more but he did say if anyone is interested in one, to please reach out to him. Pics of the custom jwest classic he made for me.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How does this shifter differ from 911 shifter and factory short shifter...?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 tweaks View Post
How does this shifter differ from 911 shifter and factory short shifter...?
Shifts are much better...more info here RennShift Performance Shifter - JWest Engineering
RennShift 930 Shifter - JWest Engineering
Old 02-16-2020, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

So the shifter has been in for a while. Glad I made the swap. Looks totally stock yet feels much better. Knob is temporary.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have a wevo. This is the classic look itís really hard to visually tell itís a aftermarket shifter. These were about $700 at the time of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-29-2020, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yes the one JWest made for me was modeled after an original 930 shifter. I put the boot on but had a custom shift knob made (not the one that is in the pic).
Old 06-29-2020, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Awesome! Looks great and something I'll need to inquire about in the near future.. Want the classic look as well wonder if they could make a lever that is a inch or 2 taller which could be trimmed down to the desired length.. Love the tartan inserts! same as in mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
So the shifter has been in for a while. Glad I made the swap. Looks totally stock yet feels much better. Knob is temporary.
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts - Ruf speelines 17x9-10
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 06-29-2020, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobS911 View Post
Awesome! Looks great and something I'll need to inquire about in the near future.. Want the classic look as well wonder if they could make a lever that is a inch or 2 taller which could be trimmed down to the desired length.. Love the tartan inserts! same as in mine
Yes, James did ask if I wanted it taller. I choose the standard length. Thank you, I dig the tartan too...and your car.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
that's really awesome Rey and that he did that for you - way cool!

and your car is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Jacob, I went w/ the taller Wevo knob to gain some length (I may not hit bottom but sure knock the hell outta the sides?) and it was a verrrrry tangible benefit (to me) for ergo!!! Def consider!

heard you were out 'makin friends' with Dawson last week - good stuff! Who'd thunk you'd see a pair 'o Oak's bombin about WOT!!! Pretty gnarly, really...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-30-2020, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Rey!

Paul - Yeah we had a great southwest CO road trip! He's driving the 993 rather than the green 930. But he'll be adding rarlyl8 stuff soon enough so they really will be twins! I'll post up some pics today in the potd thread
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing bushings front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts - Ruf speelines 17x9-10
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 06-30-2020, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
that's really awesome Rey and that he did that for you - way cool!

and your car is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Jacob, I went w/ the taller Wevo knob to gain some length (I may not hit bottom but sure knock the hell outta the sides?) and it was a verrrrry tangible benefit (to me) for ergo!!! Def consider!

heard you were out 'makin friends' with Dawson last week - good stuff! Who'd thunk you'd see a pair 'o Oak's bombin about WOT!!! Pretty gnarly, really...
Thanks Sir Paul😉

Old 06-30-2020, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: